Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bedtime shinanighans

Bedtime around our house is always a small battle. Getting Briggs into the bath, into pajamas, brushing those teeth, reading two (or seven) books, and then turning out the light and leaving.

David is quite a sucker and often stays in Briggs' bed long after multiple books to give backrubs. Many times he sticks around for a catnap of his own. This is one of our biggest disagreements.

Last night I was on bedtime duty as David was getting some things done outside. I had to go back in a few times to tend to a crying little man who wanted daddy to come rub his back. 

At one point, Briggs was quite upset and sobbing wanting daddy to come to him. I asked him why he was so upset and didn't brace myself for the big guns he was about to pull on me. 

"I don't know if my daddy's dead!?" 

I had to hold in my chuckle and assure him that daddy was just fine and would in fact be in to say goodnight when he finished working. 

Oh daddy is creating a monster!!

No comments:

Post a Comment