Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One month old

I'm going to be super cliche and sound just like every other parent in the world here when I say this, but OH WELL.  It seems like just yesterday we brought Briggs home and now he is already a month old!!  WOW!!

Briggs has changed so much in such a short time and although I have taken DOZENS of pictures, there still aren't enough!!

I got a special present this morning as Briggs was cuddled up in his towel about to get a bath.  We were waiting for the water to warm up and we were chatting away when it came, A SMILE ... a real, non-gassy, not sleeping SMILE!!  Not sure what I did to deserve it and I haven't been able to recreate it, but it was fantastic!  We see lots of smiles and even laughter when Briggs is sleeping, but this was special!


Sleep is getting better, last night Briggs gave me two spurts of sleep that lasted 2 1/2 hours each.  Those are few and far between, but I was so thankful for them today!!






THIS PAST WEEKEND:
More Visitors, Daddy & Briggs' First Evening & Sunday Race Day
Katie Hupp and Laura Sadler came to visit Briggs Monster this weekend!  Katie got into town on Thursday evening and stayed with us through Saturday.  It was GREAT to have her here for some girl time and Briggs thought his Aunt Katie was pretty cool!  Laura was in town for the football game so on Friday evening us girls (including Karen) enjoyed a well-deserved sushi night!  I pigged out on sushi, man how I've missed that!!

SO ... because of Sushi night on Friday, David had his first evening alone with Briggs.  He threatened me that if he called, I must come home immediately!  Well we were gone for about two and half hours and I had left a bottle for him to eat.  When we walked in the door after dinner, David informed us that it had been horrible!  Briggs had not done well with the bottle, was still hungry, and was battling some gas pains.  Not a good night for the boys.

On Saturday mid-morning, Katie and I met up with Karen and Charlotte in Greenville and went for an awesome walk in Cleveland Park.  I was shocked what a great park this was and we walked along the Swamp Rabbit Trail from the Zoo to Falls Park.  I must remember to go back here for walks and especially once Briggs is bigger because they had GREAT playgrounds!

Then Sunday, the boys made up and "watched" the race all day, I don't think the apple fell far from this tree ...

No comments:

Post a Comment