Sunday, February 26, 2012

5 months

Oh Briggs man, 5 months!!  This one is hitting me hard... you have grown up SO much in the last few months and I love all the new things we are discovering together, but I just want to freeze time before you go and get all grown up!!  With the 6mo birthday looming I just think it's all flying by way too fast!

5 mo (22 week) birthday picture
This has been quite an eventful month. You kicked the month off with your first daycare bug that managed to make its way through the house and even down to Summerville for Grammy and Gramps!  I am continually amazed what a great baby you are, even when you aren't feeling well!

My Valentine
My heart melted this month when I got my first valentine from you!  At school, they put you in the bouncy seat and then loaded your feet with red and pink paint so you could paint me a special valentine. The picture of you doing this is just the greatest, we all know you love to bounce and when you add wet paint to your feet it is just hilarious!!
The Artist
You are growing like a little weed.  Your arms and legs are working hard to catch up to the rest of your body, you've been wearing 6mo shirts for awhile, but are just beginning to fill out the 6mo pants.  We often have to roll the sleeves on your shirts so you can easily get those hands in your mouth without soaking your shirt.  I'm pretty certain  you are starting to get your first teeth as EVERYTHING goes into your mouth now!  Sometimes it's the ducky, your keys, your hands, our hands, the blanket, whatever is nearby and you can grab onto ... goes right in!
Teething
You are definitely getting stronger too!  You like sitting in your bumbo seat and still LOVE to stand up with those strong legs.  Daddy and you have created a maneuver we call the elevator ... when you are laying on the ottoman, you'll lock your legs out and then we can pull you up by your hands.  You've got quite a grip and I'm having to keep my hair and necklaces away from your little hands.  You like to reach out now and touch everything, our faces have been a fun discovery!!
Bumbo Seat
You recently have learned how to play peek-a-boo!  When you are standing on my lap, you'll lean your face forward into my chest and then pop back and laugh!!!  It is a definite indicator to me that you are getting sleepy, but it is really the sweetest thing!!  This video doesn't quite show peek-a-boo to it's fullest potential, but you seem to get a little camera shy!

You have lots of friends, so this past week we pulled on some cute overalls and your first pair of shoes to  have lunch with my officemates.  You and Caroline had quite a good time playing, she had lots of books for you and even shared her iPad so you could watch Elmo!

After lunch, we went up to my work so you could visit with everyone there!  You met lots of my students and you gave away a lot of smiles.  Which was all pretty exhausting!  

I love to watch you smile and it's even better when you laugh!!  Daddy and I both think your best smiles are first thing in the morning.  Some of my favorites are the first smile of the morning and the smile I get when I come to get you at school.  You are a ticklish little guy now, even though this wasn't our best tickle session, it's still fun to watch ...
There have been a lot of visitors lately at Hotel Briggs.  Grammy came when you were sick, your Pop and Uncle Rick have passed through, Granny Brenda and Grandaddy Bulletproof came for some sugar, and Aunt Krista popped in for some fun too!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh... it's so good you are doing posts like this!!! I wish I had done this with each step of the way. Granted, I have pictures (LOL) but I wish I would have written the small things too! Kudos to you and 6 MONTHS ALREADY?!?! Gosh.

    ReplyDelete