Thursday, December 1, 2011

2 Weeks of Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving the Black Family has so much to be thankful for.  Above all, we are thankful that Briggs is a healthy and happy boy.  I am also extremely thankful that Briggs and I were able to spend 2 full weeks in Summerville on a Granny-Vacation!  We had some great family time with my mom, dad, and grandmother.  Unfortunately, my grandma is doing time at my mom's recovering from a broken foot, but it was great to have her right there for visiting with us.

We headed down the Thursday before Thanksgiving and settled right into the Black Family Suite (aka my parents room above the garage).  This visit was great for me to relax some and great for Briggs to soak up some love.  It was way better than my leave days at home because I didn't have to do any cleaning, minimal cooking, AND there was someone to watch Briggs while I showered, pumped, and I was even able to sneak off for a dinner with girlfriends!

Briggs and I were able to spend some time with Aunt Krista doing her favorite thing, shopping!  Not nearly the marathon trip that I'm used to with her, but we powered through the outlets between feedings and actually got a lot accomplished!  Aunt Kris bought Briggs a great Christmas sweater vest and of course an "I Love My Auntie" shirt.

David got into town the night before Thanksgiving and was certainly missing his boy after nearly a week away from him!  Not sure Logan shared those feelings.  Although I didn't HAVE to cook while I was home, I did whip up a total of 6 apple pies, a Hulse family favorite!  We had a great Thanksgiving day with a dinner at Billy & Angela's house and then a second dinner at my moms house.  Briggs loved meeting his cousins, aunts and uncles who also slobbered all over him!

On Saturday, Granny Brenda took us for Briggs' first Christmas photos, an annual Granny Brenda tradition.  We had such a good time dressing him up and posing him, for 2 months old he was quite a trooper and he gave us some amazingly cute shots!  The hard part was narrowing down the nearly 90 shots to the few that we selected!

On Saturday evening, David and I geared Briggs up for his first Palmetto Bowl.  If you aren't aware, David is a Gamecocks fan and I (of course) am a Clemson fan.  Since Briggs can't quite cadence count yet, I have to be fair to David.  SO, I spent a day fashioning him some appropriate attire for the game!  The game didn't have the outcome I had hoped for, thankfully David wasn't too hard on me.

On Sunday, Briggs and I made another visit to the rehab facility to visit Nana.  She was in great spirits and we all enjoyed some nice time on the patio talking and again, spoiling Briggs with love.

While we were home I was able to catch up with my high school bestie, Amanda, who also has a new addition.  Blaysen was born just 2 months before Briggs and they are already best buddies!  I love those friends who you can pick back up with right where you left off, regardless of how long it's been.

And finally, David spent his week off working to get his "new" truck repainted.  Quite an amazing job, don't ya think!?

No comments:

Post a Comment